About MetaTrader 5
MetaTrader 5 by MetaQuotes Software Corp. is a multi-asset trading platform that supports various trading instruments: Forex symbols, stocks, futures, and CFDs. The application inherited the convenient user interface of MT4. The MT5 trading platform provides access to the Depth of Market data, real-time quotes, various order execution modes, advanced trading tools, chart settings, economic calendar, and many other features. With MetaTrader 5, you can use numerous built-in tools for technical analysis, subscribe to signals of successful traders or create your own indicators. You can also use the MT5 web terminal or a mobile application for Android and iOS devices.
Important: Only ECN trading accounts are currently supported in MetaTrader 5.
MetaTrader 5 terminal main features:
- Market execution with direct access to the interbank market.
- Market, pending, Stop Loss, Take Profit and Trailing Stop orders.
- One-click trading from the price chart and modification of SL/TP levels by moving order lines on the chart.
- Advanced chart settings: 21 time frames, analytical tools, customizable color schemes, scaling, profiles and templates.
- 38 built-in technical indicators and 44 graphic objects.
- Trading strategies tester, economic calendar, events notifications.
- Web terminal and mobile applications for Android and iPhone/iPad.
- Depth of Market window with L2 prices. You can place market and pending orders with a single click and modify Stop Loss, Take Profit and pending orders by moving them to a different price level.
You can compare some features of the MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 terminals in the table below.